Last dates for weekly groups at MIN 2018
Our office will close on Thursday 20th December and weekly activities will finish/have finished on the following dates:
- Knit for Unity: Monday 17th December
- Joyous Choir: Monday 17th December
- Men’s Group: Tuesday 11th December
- MIN Voices: Tuesday 18th December
- Garden Club: Tuesday 18th December
- ESOL: Wednesday 12th December
- Youth Group: Wednesday 12th December
- Family Nest: Wednesday 19th December
- Oasis Women’s Group: Thursday 20th December
- English Conversation Club: Thursday 20th December
January 2019 opening dates
The office will re-open Monday 7th January for drop-in advice and weekly activities will start back on the following dates:
- Knit for Unity: Monday 14th January
- Joyous Choir: Monday 14th January
- Garden Club: Tuesday 15th January
- MIN Voices: Tuesday 15th January
- Men’s Group: Tuesday 22nd January
- ESOL: Wednesday 16th January
- Youth Group: Wednesday 16th January
- Family Nest: Wednesday 16th January
- Oasis Women’s Group: Thursday 17th January
- English Conversation Club: To be confirmed
We look forward to working with you all in the New Year!
The Many Hands Community Garden Club is moving from Fridays to Tuesdays from Tuesday 11th September 2018. All welcome, no experience necessary.
Bridges Programmes will be running another Life Skills – Getting Ready for Work course starting this week at MIN, as part of the Scottish Refugee Integration Service. Registrations will take place tomorrow, Tuesday 6th March 2018, and the course will start on Friday 9th March. The course is free but participants must have an intermediate level of English and be able to commit to the full 10 weeks. Contact Maria at Bridges Programmes for more info.
The Pre-intermediate ESOL class planned for Wednesday 7th February 2018 has been cancelled due to staff illness. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Beginners ESOL class will take place at the usual time of 12.30-2.30pm.
It’s that time of year again when adverse weather conditions can affect our service delivery and we would like to remind everyone of MIN’s Bad Weather Policy with this statement from MIN’s Board of Trustees –
Bad Weather Policy Statement
When snow or ice makes walking very difficult, groups, projects and activities will not be open. If schools are closed due to the bad weather it will be the same for MIN.
Some of our service users and volunteers have to travel a distance, public transport can be difficult to access in times of bad weather and most of our activities are in the Maryhill Community Centre, which can sometimes be closed in these conditions, therefore if you phone the office to check and there is no answer please assume that all activities have been cancelled, particularly those that run in the evening.
The health and safety of all involved in MIN’s work is a priority to us and we do not wish to have anyone travelling in hazardous conditions so please stay safe and warm!